Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Softies for Mirabel - Blogtober day 20

The Mirabel Foundation is doing some great work to support children who are affected by parental drug abuse, and we can all help too, by making a soft toy for Softies for Mirabel. Pop in to Meet Me at Mikes for more information about this great cause, and get sewing!  There are still 6 weeks left to make your softie and send it in to Pip.

I have never made a softie before, but there's a first time for everything! Any suggestions for beginners patterns gratefully accepted!

1 comment:

  1. A very worthwhile cause! Here are some suggestions:

    Last year I made an "Edward" for Softies For Mirabel from Audrey & Maude's elephant pattern - its wasn't too hard. You'd be able to do it for sure!

    Jho at One Red Robin has a free doll pattern for "Ruby" which is really gorgeous too.

    Jodie from Ric Rac has got some fabulous patterns for kindergarten girls and boys (I've made a kinder boy).

    Or I could draft up my freaky Owen pattern for you. Or maybe, not!

    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)