Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blogtoberfestivities - Blogtober day 1

I am joining in with Blogtoberfest this month - I'm up for the challenge of a daily post! Hopefully it will be an interesting and inspiring month of posts, and I'm hoping it will motivate me to find more time to be creative.
 
I love crafting. It's what I do. It's my creative outlet, it's time to myself, it's peaceful and relaxing and enjoyable and stimulating and oh so much fun!
Mostly I enjoy crafting alone (although I'm never really alone, I'm always just a mouse click away from crafty company, thanks girls), but recently my 7 year old daughter and I have been sewing together, which makes a nice change from her being pouty and me yelling a lot.
On rare occasions even The Bloke Who Lives At My Place makes an appearance in My Creative Space, most memorably to help me create 'vegetables' out of fondant for our daughter's 4th birthday cake which was a 3-dimensional vegie garden, and to suggest the use of staple guns, D-rings, dowel and acrylic primer as appropriate solutions to my crafting problems. He's my go-to-guy for 'how to do stuff', and as he keeps telling me, I'm an ideas man. What can I say, we're a great team.
Do you do most of your crafting alone? Or as part of a team? Or with your family, friends or craft group? 

For more info and to keep up with all the Blogtoberfestivities, head on over to CurlyPops and Badskirt. 
Have a great Blogtoberfest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)