Saturday, September 19, 2009

Alphabet pocket wall hanging...


This is a wall hanging I made for my nephew's first birthday. It was my first attempt at anything like this, and I couldn't find a pattern/tutorial anywhere so I kind of made it up as I went along! I did use a fantastic tutorial on youtube to construct the pockets - if I can find it again I will post a link!
I had a set of wooden letters I picked up at a sale last year, so I sized the pockets to fit.

The alphabet template was printed using Word and the letters were applied using Vliesofix and machine applique (thanks to Liesl at HoppoBumpo for introduing me to the wonders of Vliesofix last year!)

1 comment:

  1. It looks fantastic - I love your design. Lucky Sam getting such a beautiful handmade gift.

    I have discovered another fusible webbing that's even better than Vliesofix - I'm a complete convert!! Its called Applifix (let me know if you'd like me to send you a little sample to try out ... I bought three metres!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)