Friday, October 16, 2009

Knitting Needle Roll - Blogtober day 16


All my moaning and complaining about lack of crafting time seems to have paid off! I have completed yet another little project, a knitting needle roll. It's my first attempt at a needle roll, and also my first attempt at piecing *gulp*. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Inside



Lift the flap


The outside


Detail of the piecing on the outside.


The roll is a gift for my mum who knits these wonderful colourful blankets for all the new babies in our life. She has knitted one each for my three little ones, these two belong to my two boys:



Aren't they gorgeous :)

The needle roll was inspired by Tania Howells' needle case in "The Crafter's Companion" edited by Anna Torberg.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS My Dear....!

    http://punkysmamma.blogspot.com/2009/10/best-of-fest-giveaway-2-ch-ch-ch.html

    Email me your postal details at victoriamaher at rocketmail dot com and I will post out to you sooooooooon! (Like... wednesday... I'm poor lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That knitting needle is fantastic! Your Mum is going to be so thrilled and it looks like she deserves it knitting those awesome blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Yes they are awesome blankets. I do love that knitting roll.. i feel a new project coming along - but for my crochet hooks rather ;P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)