Wednesday, November 25, 2009

White Ribbon Day

Today is White Ribbon Day, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.



To support this worthwhile cause you can purchase a White Ribbon - proceeds from the sale of White Ribbons and Wristbands go towards changing community attitudes through high impact awareness campaigns, and you can wear your White Ribbon to raise awareness of this worthwhile cause.

The Bloke Who Lives At My Place is having a morning tea at his work in support of White Ribbon Day, so I baked some White Ribbon cupcakes. I used black cases, and because I didn't want to introduce another colour I sprinkled the white icing with some sparkly edible gold dust; the White Ribbons on top are fondant.


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant. They look terrific.
    The more I read the more I love your partner's workplace!
    Thanks for reminding me that today was a very important day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful. Good on you for doing that, and good on his workplace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)