Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Creative Space...or is it?

My Creative Space this week isn't really mine, I was more than happy to share it with my beautiful daughter and her friend.
I recently discovered this excellent tutorial over at Leonie's and I thought it would be a perfect project for my Junior Crafter to try with her new machine. We went to Spotlight where she and a friend each selected two fabrics for their reversible headbands and we came home to sew.

Pinning fabric


More pins


Ta-Daaaah!


And they are reversible!

Thanks Leonie for sharing the tutorial, and well done to two gorgeous little 8 year olds who persisted carefully with their cutting out, pinning, topstitching and thread trimming and had a wonderful time in My Creative Space this week. I'm so glad that my little girl loves making stuff as much as I do, and we have so much fun making stuff together.

For more spaces, visit here. As always, thanks to Kirsty for hosting this fun meme.

11 comments:

  1. Wow - they've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! They must have been so proud of themselves. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BRILLIANT!! I wrote that tutorial for a little friend of mine who is 12 and just received her new machine. I am so glad your girls had a go and they have ended out SUPERB!!! Congratulations to the girls they have done me proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great job ... two crafters already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice for them to make their own headbands- they msut be so proud- and should be they look great! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job and nice to have a great project for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job girls! Thanks for the linky to the tutorial xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous :)) Love crafty kids and they are super ace sewers too! Great work girls. K

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute that you're all crafting together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great job they did. they should be very poud of themselves

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)