Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blogtoberfest day 3 - Drawstring bag


Today I made this great little lined drawstring bag, following this tutorial. It was easy-peasy, and turned out really well! It will make a great library bag, toy bag, or pyjama bag.


I'm making one for each of the kids, they picked out their fabrics last week. This was my practice one (having never made a bag before) so I used this great fabric from a doona cover I thrifted at my local op shop for $1! The cover was reversible, so I had two coordinating fabrics to use, stripes for the outer, and floral for the lining.

Also, you should pop over to Punky & Me and check out Victoria's Best of the Fest giveaway. It's a great way to find out what you should check out  in Blogtober, since there are waaaaay too many fab finds going on at the moment, it's crazy!

And my find for today is this fabulous idea by Kirsty at Kootoyoo - check it out!


2 comments:

  1. Lovely bag - it looks like a really handy size. Got to love a bit of thrifted fabric too. Hope we see some more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naaaaaaww - thanks for the mention lovely!

    You've reminded me I need to make a pyjama bag for the Punk... another one for the "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)