Friday, October 2, 2009

Blogtoberfest Day 2 - Knock Knock

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Boo.
Boo who?
Don't cry, it's only a knock knock joke!

Okay, that was a teensy bit lame, but it is my kids' favourite knock knock joke. I'm running with Amy's suggestion of starting Blogtober with a Knock Knock, who's there. So here goes, a few things about me you may not know:

*I'm a serial crafter. Which is why I am still a beginner sewer, knitter, painter, cake decorator, scrapbooker, etc. The Bloke Who Lives At My Place thinks I have a rare form of "shiny kit syndrome" known as "shiny craft syndrome".
*I have OCD tendencies. I am trying really hard to let go, as my drive for perfection often stops me actually completing projects for fear that they may not be 'perfect'.
*I have three kids. Maybe that's why I don't have enough time for crafting?
*I have an unnatural attatchment to my (very large) Tupperware collection.
*My favourite colour is Red.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sure something in science will one day explain the link between craft and Tupperware. I'm yet to meet a crafter who doesn't love the plastic fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a bit more Tupperware but I have a drawer full of the supermarket stuff. I've got my eye on that compartment lunchbox next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you're description of shiny kit syndrome! I'm also a chronic starter of all sorts of craft - cross stitch, sewing, scrapbooking and most recently quilting. I also knit and want to learn how to crochet! With two kids it's hard enough to find time to craft so it must be virtually impossible with three!

    Loving the Blogtoberfestivities (and I'm loving typing that super-long word!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, the divided lunchbox is truly super. Use it and you'll never look back!

    Ange I think I should rename this post 'shiny craft syndrome'! I often wonder why I didn't love craft so much when I was childless and had copious amounts of free time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Love it!!
    That's what I love about blogland--I no longer feel like I'm the only one...
    My craft/art/computer room is proof of my good intentions gone awry!
    Once upon a time, I used to cross stitch...for hours at a time. These days, I collect inspirations in my head, and they multiply to unmanageable proportions!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously Gypsy, where do you find the time. I guess if I didn't have three kids and study uni full time I might be able to manage something. I don't even have time for cross-stitch which you know is my favourite thing to do. Oh well. Also, I hope you realise that the sewing machine is yours now, I don't want it back, just make me something nice and we'll call it even! Luv ya
    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)