Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sew Darn Cute - Book review

I have just been given a copy of Jenny Ryan's Sew Darn Cute, and it seems to be aptly named, the projects are very cute. The book contains 30 projects, ranging from things for the home to kids stuff to totes. There are a lot of projects suitable for beginners in this book, but as mum to a junior crafter (aged 8) what I really like is that there are heaps of projects in here suitable for us to sew together.There is a Tools and Techniques section at the front of the book which I found to be a useful reference and would be particularly good for beginner sewers I think. The book contains all the templates you need to complete the projects as well.
I'm off to try to rescue 'Sew Darn Cute' from my daughter's bedside table so I can make a start on a project!

4 comments:

  1. This book is certainly making the rounds. It looks great, I love the idea of kid friendly craft books. Can't wait to see what you make! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gyspy, i got it recently too. I didn't even open it at Borders, just grabbed it after seeing the cover as the same book so many bloggers recommend. Love it, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I won a copy over at Miss Muggins's blog and I'm dying to see what all the fuss is about. Looking forward to seeing what you and the junior crafter get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that book too , it's great ! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)