Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pinafore news

Thank you so much to everyone who has contacted me to say you will be whipping up a pinafore for the Dago Dala Hera Orphange. I have spoken with staff at Spotlight Bayswater today and they asked if completed pinnies could be returned to the store in the next 2-3 weeks, which is by the 2nd week of June. They also mentioned that they are looking for plain elastic waist cotton shorts for boys, so if anyone can sew up a pair or two of those that would also be a great help.
As I mentioned on the weekend, you can send your pinafores/shorts directly to Spotlight Bayswater or you can send them to me and I'll deliver them to the store (email me for my postal address thecraftgypsy@iprimus.com.au)

**I'm more than happy for people to mail their dresses/shorts directly to me, I'd love to be able to present the store with a pile of clothes and let them see just what craft bloggers have done to help.

**Shorts can be made in any boys' size, I'm thinking any size from 2 to 10 would be fine.

4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome cause! My pinny was popped in the mail this arvo. Pop around to my blog when you get a chance to check it out. Thanks so much for pulling this together in blogland. You are a "hope warrior"!!!
    Steph (http://www.monpetitpoppet.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh great, I can do elastic waisted shorts! Any particular size do you reckon Gypsy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gypsy, Ive almost finished one but want to make more Ive linked your blog too. I'II flick you an email when Im done. Thanks Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Gypsy, I'll see if I can get hold of a pinafore pattern this weekend and make a couple of both them and the shorts. Great cause!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself here! Hope you enjoy the blog :)